Equality and Diversity Policy
One Living is committed to encouraging equality and diversity amongst its workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, by creating a community where all are treated with respect and dignity.
Our aim is for One Living to be truly representative of all sections of society and to create a culture of diversity within our community, providing a dynamic working and learning environment, where all employees are valued for their contribution and individuality.
As an Accommodation Service Provider; an employer and a community and business partner, One Living is committed to working in an inclusive way to develop a workforce and community that reflects the UK’s rich diversity and vibrancy.
One Living promotes equality and diversity by:
- Providing equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, regardless of the nature or length of the employment.
- Not unlawfully discriminating because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics.
- Opposing and avoiding all forms of unlawful discrimination.
One Living commits to:
- Actively encouraging equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, instead promoting dignity and respect for all, where the contributions of all employees are recognised and valued.
- Taking seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
- Making opportunities for training, development and progress available to all employees, to develop their full potential.
- Reviewing employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness and legal compliance.
- Monitoring the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality and diversity, and in meeting the aims and commitments as set out in the Equality & Diversity policy.